You can mix 30 to 40 drops of lavender essential oil with 30 ml of water, again distilled if possible. Use this mix in a spray bottle and spray the bed sheets, bedding, and mattress. Lavender oil does not kill bed bugs, but with its strong scent, it does repel them.
What essential oil repels bed bugs?
Effectively repellent essential oils include cinnamon oil, lemongrass oil, clove oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, thyme oil, tea tree oil, and, finally, eucalyptus oil. In my experience, all or any of these oils have laid claim to both killing as well as repelling bed bugs.
How do you use peppermint oil to get rid of bed bugs?
To make this DIY peppermint oil spray for bed bugs, fill a clean spray bottle three-quarters full with tap water and add 20 drops of peppermint oil. Swirl the contents to blend. Spray the liquid on any surface where you’ve noticed bed bug activity as a repellent.
What smells do bed bugs hate the most?
What Scent Keeps Bed Bugs Away?
- Many bugs are repelled by certain smells, such as peppermint, tea tree oil, and lavender. …
- One known scent that repels bed bugs is the pheromones secreted by the nymphs, or baby bed bugs.
Why do bed bugs bite me and not my husband?
You may also be getting more or fewer bites than a partner because of blood type. Bed bugs have a preference for blood type, and stick to it where it’s available. Their preference is based on what they grew up with. When bed bugs grow up feeding on O positive blood, they’ll feed on O positive in the future.
How can I keep bedbugs from biting me at night?
Below are the 5 tips on how to prevent bed bug bites from biting you at night:
- Washing bed sheets and other bedding in high temperatures.
- Regularly vacuuming your mattress and bed box.
- Do not store items under the bed.
- Washing and drying the clothes after returning from a trip.
- Get professional help to get rid of bed bugs.