So, the correct answer is ‘Maxillary palps’.
Which excretory structure is absent in female cockroach?
So, the correct option is ‘Maxillary palps‘.
Which among the following does not help in excretion?
So, the correct answer is ‘Pancreas‘.
What is not true for the main excretory organ of cockroach?
Statement A says that in cockroaches and prawns the excretory organ is the same and that is Malpighian tubules. Excretion refers to waste removal from the body. … It excretes using green glands that help in the removal of nitrogenous waste from its body. Thus, this statement is incorrect.
Does female cockroach have Uricose gland?
Collateral glands are present in female cockroaches and help with the secretion of the egg case of ootheca and are present in the third and fourth abdominal segments. It is a large elongate sac-like structure that lies beneath the mushroom gland and ejaculatory duct. It opens by the side of the male gonopore.
What is the locomotion of cockroach?
Cockroach is a swift runner as well as a flier. The six legs are helpful in walking or running, when the cockroach is at rest, the coxae of the legs lie back against the body and the first legs are directed forward, the hind legs are stretched out posteriorly and the middle legs take whatever position is convenient.
How many ganglia are present in cockroach?
Total no. of segmental ganglia in cockroach are 9. Among them 3 are present in thoracic region and 6 in the abdominal region.
Are cockroaches Ureotelic?
– As cockroaches are reptile insects and Cockroaches excrete nitrogenous compounds as waste material or we can say cockroaches excrete uric acid as waste material, which is why they are known as Uricotelic insects. Hence from the above discussion, it can be concluded that the cockroaches are uricotelic.
What is common in earthworm and cockroach?
Cockroach and earthworm are non-chordates and have a solid ventral nerve cord. It is present at the anterior side of the body. It helps in the support and attachment of muscles. So, the correct answer is option B.
What are Nephrocytes in cockroach?
Nephrocytes are connective tissue cells. They are present in vertebrates and helps in excretions turbellirans(they use protonephridium throughout their epidermis for excretion of mertabolic waste.) … the are usually present in cockroaches, for the excretion of uric acid.
Which glands help in excretion?
- Excretion is the process of removing wastes and excess water from the body. …
- Organs of excretion include the skin, liver, large intestine, lungs, and kidneys. …
- The skin plays a role in excretion through the production of sweat by sweat glands. …
- The liver is a very important organ of excretion.
Which is not a form of excretion?
Whereas, in excretion there is elimation of metabolic waste such as urine, sweat, etc. and not the digested food. Hence, egestion is not a part of excretion.