The five major categories of pests include insects and related pests, weeds, nematodes, diseases, and rodents and other animals.
What are the categories of pest?
Pests can be placed into four main categories:
- insects and closely related animals.
- plant diseases.
What are the four major pest categories?
Pests can be broken into four main categories
Any plant growing out of place. Fungi, bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
What are pests give examples?
Animals are considered pests or vermin when they injure people or damage crops, forestry, or buildings. Elephants are regarded as pests by the farmers whose crops they raid and trample. Mosquitoes and ticks are vectors that can transmit ailments but are also pests because of the distress caused by their bites.
What are 3 categories of pest?
Seasonal pests: Occurring during a particular part of the year.
- Insect: These are important and major pests.
- Mites: These are creatures like insect but have soft body and four pairs of legs.
- Rodents – This group of pest eat away large amount of human food and also damage the crops on large scale.
What are the 3 methods of pest control?
Now, let’s see how these pest control methods are used.
- Physical methods of pest control. This is one of the natural methods of pest control; it is a non-chemical pest control method. …
- Chemical methods of pest control. …
- Cultural methods of pest control. …
- Biological methods of pest control.
What are the two types of pest?
Types of Pests
- Ants, Bees and Wasps. Wasps, bees and ants (collectively known as hymenopterods) are one of the largest orders of insects. …
- Bed Bugs. Bedbugs are small, elusive, and parasitic organisms all belonging to a family of insects called Cimicidae. …
- Cockroaches. …
- Fleas. …
- Flies. …
- Myriapods. …
- Pigeons. …
What is the major group of pest?
Five Groups of Pests
Arthropods – Insects, Mites, Ticks and Spiders 2. Vertebrates – Animals with backbones 3. Weeds 4. Pathogens – Disease-causing organisms 5.
Does all pest are insect?
Not all bugs are bad. Insects get labeled as “pests” when they start causing harm to people or the things we care about, like plants, animals, and buildings. Out of nearly one million known insect species, only about one to three percent are ever considered pests.