Of the four products we tested, Cutter Backwoods is the best overall insect repellent. It’s cost-effective, with the lowest price per ounce. It’s formulated to work longer and doesn’t smell bad. For those who would prefer a less oily texture, it also comes in a “dry” variety.
Does cutter have DEET?
The Cutter Natural Insect Repellent DEET-FREE is part of the Insect Repellents test program at Consumer Reports.
Which is the most effective mosquito repellent?
Quick Answer: Best Mosquito Repellents
- Best Overall: Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent.
- Best DEET: OFF! …
- Best Natural: Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent.
- Best Wipes: Cutter Family Mosquito Wipes.
- Best Ultrasonic: Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller.
- Best Candle: Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle.
How long does it take for Cutter to work?
Give the pesticide time to settle (24 hours should be enough time) before you let them out. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate kills fast and lasts all summer, providing up to 12 weeks of control against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs.
What smells do mosquitoes hate?
Here are the natural scents that help repel the mosquitoes:
Why is DEET bad for you?
Most cases of serious side effects caused by DEET involve long-term, heavy, frequent or whole-body application of the repellent. But for some people, DEET can lead to adverse skin reactions, seizures and brain malfunction, fatigue, respiratory conditions and possibly even cancer.
What is the most effective tick repellent for humans?
5 Best Tick Repellents and Sprays for Humans
- Nantucket Spider Tick Repelling Spray (Our Top Pick)
- Natrapel 12-Hour Tick Spray (Our Second Choice)
- REPEL Sportsman Max Insect Repellent.
- Wondercide Insect Repellent.
- Ben’s 100% DEET Tick Repellent.
How long does Cutter insect repellent last on skin?
Length of protection ranges from two to 10 hours (depending on the percentage of DEET in the product). Formulas with 30 percent concentrations or lower can be used on children ages 2 months and older.
What is the best homemade mosquito repellent?
Read on to see which natural repellents work best.
- Lemon eucalyptus oil. Used since the 1940s, lemon eucalyptus oil is one of the more well-known natural repellents. …
- Lavender. …
- Cinnamon oil. …
- Thyme oil. …
- Greek catnip oil. …
- Soybean oil. …
- Citronella. …
- Tea tree oil.
Does Vicks Vapor Rub repel mosquitoes?
The smell of the menthol in it will repel the insects away. … You can also rub it on any mosquito bites you may already have and it will relieve the itching.