A pest is any animal or plant harmful to humans or human concerns. The term is particularly used for creatures that damage crops, livestock, and forestry or cause a nuisance to people, especially in their homes.
What makes a person a pest?
A pest can generally be defined as any animal, plant, or other organism whose biology, behavior, or location places it in direct conflict with humans. Because some insects threaten human health, destroy food, damage structures or landscapes, or cause general annoyance or anxiety, they are considered pests.
Is human can be considered pest?
Explanation: A pest is any living thing, whether animal, plant, or fungus, which humans consider troublesome to themselves, their possessions, or the environment. It is a loose concept, as an organism can be a pest in one setting but beneficial, domesticated, or acceptable in another.
What are some examples of pest?
A pest is any organism that spreads disease, causes destruction or is otherwise a nuisance. Some examples of pests are mosquitoes, rodents, and weeds. Not all insects are pests. Many different kinds of insects eat other insects and are beneficial species.
What are 3 categories of pest?
Seasonal pests: Occurring during a particular part of the year.
- Insect: These are important and major pests.
- Mites: These are creatures like insect but have soft body and four pairs of legs.
- Rodents – This group of pest eat away large amount of human food and also damage the crops on large scale.
What are the 3 methods of pest control?
Now, let’s see how these pest control methods are used.
- Physical methods of pest control. This is one of the natural methods of pest control; it is a non-chemical pest control method. …
- Chemical methods of pest control. …
- Cultural methods of pest control. …
- Biological methods of pest control.
What are the four things required to make a pest?
- Water – its importance and source.
- W ater contamination and disease.
- Community water supplies.
- W ater supply contaminants and disinfection.
- Contaminated water supplies.
- Treating contaminated water.
- Water supply plumbing.
What are the two types of pest?
Types of Pests
- Ants, Bees and Wasps. Wasps, bees and ants (collectively known as hymenopterods) are one of the largest orders of insects. …
- Bed Bugs. Bedbugs are small, elusive, and parasitic organisms all belonging to a family of insects called Cimicidae. …
- Cockroaches. …
- Fleas. …
- Flies. …
- Myriapods. …
- Pigeons. …
What is difference between insect and pest?
Pest vs. Insect. A pest is an animal or plant which has a harmful effect on humans their food or their living conditions while insects are arthropods that may or may not harm. … Pests are always harmful to humans and their food, but in the case of insects, some insects are dangerous, but some are beneficial to humans.
What is the most common pest?
Top 10 House Pests
- Flies. Whether they’re houseflies or fruit flies, these pests can carry a wide range of diseases including food poisoning bacteria.
- Bed bugs. Contrary to their name, bed bugs can also be found in cracks and crevices. …
- Ants. Ants enter houses in search of food. …
- Wasps. …
- Rats. …
- Termites. …
- Mice. …
What animal is a pest?
A pest is an animal which has characteristics which people regard as injurious or unwanted. An example of serious pests are those organisms which vector human disease, such as rats and fleas which carry the plague disease, or mosquitoes which vector malaria.
What are the four major pests?
Pests can be placed into four main categories:
- insects and closely related animals.
- plant diseases.