Mix a few drops of lemongrass oil with the same quantity of your favorite smelling essential oils. Add some witch hazel, I recommend 10-25 drops, and give it a good shake. A base oil such as almond or jojoba can help the repellent spread further.
How do you make lemongrass mosquito repellent?
- Wash and chop finely the lemongrass sticks.
- Leave the chopped lemongrass in a blender and mix well.
- Add a tablespoon of essential oil.
- Boil water and add to the lemongrass mixture.
- Drain using a strainer and put into a spray bottle.
Does lemongrass actually repel mosquitoes?
An Herb that grows up to four feet tall and three feet wide and contains citronella, a natural oil that mosquitoes cannot stand. Lemongrass is also often used to cook for flavor. Any plant carrying the citronella oil is sure to ward of the bite of a mosquito.
How do you use lemongrass for mosquitoes?
Using Lemon Grass
The plant gives off a slight lemony fragrance, but that alone will not be enough to keep pesky mosquitoes from entering your home uninvited. The best and most effective way to repel mosquitoes using the plant is to crush the leaves, thus releasing the oil, and rub them directly onto your skin.
What is the best homemade mosquito repellent?
Read on to see which natural repellents work best.
- Lemon eucalyptus oil. Used since the 1940s, lemon eucalyptus oil is one of the more well-known natural repellents. …
- Lavender. …
- Cinnamon oil. …
- Thyme oil. …
- Greek catnip oil. …
- Soybean oil. …
- Citronella. …
- Tea tree oil.
Does lemongrass and eucalyptus repel mosquitoes?
Other research found that topical application of lemongrass essential oil provided 74–95% protection for 2.5 hours against two types of mosquito during a field study. People can find lemongrass essential oil in natural health stores and online.
Does Vicks Vapor Rub repel mosquitoes?
The smell of the menthol in it will repel the insects away. … You can also rub it on any mosquito bites you may already have and it will relieve the itching.
What is the most effective way to keep mosquitoes away?
5 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Use Your Screens. Maximize fresh air indoors, but introduce a bugproof barrier. …
- Get Rid of Standing Water. …
- Keep Your Yard Under Control. …
- Use Fans Even Outdoors. …
- Keep Covered and Use Repellent.
Can Vinegar keep mosquitoes away?
Vinegar as a bug repellent. Vinegar is one of the best ingredients to make a pest control spray. Vinegar is one of the best ingredients to make a pest control spray. It is effective in repelling ants, mosquitoes, fruit flies, and many others.