The smell of lemons repels cockroaches to a great extent, keeping them away from areas that reek of the fruit. Hence, it is advisable to mop floors with water that has a few lemon drops in it.
What do cockroaches hate the most?
What Smells Repel Cockroaches?
- Lavender. Cockroaches hate the smell of lavender, and that is good news for you. …
- Citrus. You may love the smell of fresh citrus, but cockroaches hate the scent. …
- Eucalyptus. Koala bears may love the smell, and the taste of eucalyptus, but cockroaches find it quite disagreeable.
What is the fastest way to kill a cockroach?
One popular DIY method is to mix boric acid with equal parts powdered sugar as a lure. Apply as a fine layer under appliances, behind cabinets and along crevices. Roaches ingest the mixture and die within a few hours.
How do you kill roaches overnight?
Aside from buying any of the various gels, sprays and other roach-killing products on the market today, another overnight approach is dusting with boric powder, flour and cocoa powder (use in a ratio of 4:2:1, respectively).
Does baking soda really kill roaches?
#2: Baking soda
A concoction of baking soda and sugar is an effective cockroach killer and controls the multiplication of these pests. Sugar acts as a bait to attract cockroaches and the baking soda will kill them. You just need to identify their hideouts and sprinkle this mixture in those corners.
How do I get rid of cockroaches in my home?
The easiest way to keep roaches out of your home is by keeping it clean.
- Wash dishes and put away after meals.
- Clean crumbs and spills immediately.
- Take out the garbage before going to bed.
- Remove grease from stove top.
- Seal food in containers.
- Mop on a regular basis.