Potential pests are those that are not necessarily present, but they pose as a threat to enter into our environment. When they do, sometimes control may be required. Weeds may be thought of as an example of a continuous pest under many different settings.
What is key pest?
An insect, mite, disease, nematode, or weed that frequently results in unacceptable damage and thus typically requires a control action.
What are the 4 types of pests?
What is pest and examples?
A pest is any organism that spreads disease, causes destruction or is otherwise a nuisance. Some examples of pests are mosquitoes, rodents, and weeds. … Examples of beneficial insects are dragonflies (which feed mainly on mosquitoes) and lady beetles (which eat aphids, scale insects, mites, and other insects).
What are the different categories of pest?
Categories of pests
- Regular pests: Occurring more frequently on a crop having close association with the crop. …
- Occasional pests: Occurring infrequently with no close association with a particular crop (eg) Snake gourd semilooper.
- Seasonal pests: Occurring during a particular part of the year.
What are the four things required to make a pest?
- Water – its importance and source.
- W ater contamination and disease.
- Community water supplies.
- W ater supply contaminants and disinfection.
- Contaminated water supplies.
- Treating contaminated water.
- Water supply plumbing.
What are the tools of IPM?
Basic Tools of Integrated Pest Management
- Cultural practices. Cultural methods of pest control consist of regular farm operations in such a way which either destroy the pests or prevent them from causing economic loss. …
- Mechanical practices. …
- Genetic practices. …
- Regulatory practices. …
- Biological practices. …
- Chemical practices.
What are 3 categories of pest?
Seasonal pests: Occurring during a particular part of the year.
- Insect: These are important and major pests.
- Mites: These are creatures like insect but have soft body and four pairs of legs.
- Rodents – This group of pest eat away large amount of human food and also damage the crops on large scale.
What are the two types of pest?
Types of Pests
- Ants, Bees and Wasps. Wasps, bees and ants (collectively known as hymenopterods) are one of the largest orders of insects. …
- Bed Bugs. Bedbugs are small, elusive, and parasitic organisms all belonging to a family of insects called Cimicidae. …
- Cockroaches. …
- Fleas. …
- Flies. …
- Myriapods. …
- Pigeons. …
What are the 3 methods of pest control?
Now, let’s see how these pest control methods are used.
- Physical methods of pest control. This is one of the natural methods of pest control; it is a non-chemical pest control method. …
- Chemical methods of pest control. …
- Cultural methods of pest control. …
- Biological methods of pest control.
What animal is a pest?
A pest is an animal which has characteristics which people regard as injurious or unwanted. An example of serious pests are those organisms which vector human disease, such as rats and fleas which carry the plague disease, or mosquitoes which vector malaria.